Taipei, Taiwan, 30 June 2014
- EIB S.A. is one of the largest insurance brokers in Poland and an expert to protect assets worth more than PLN 100 billion and the health and lives of over 75,000 people. It has over 130 employees and offices across the country, and keeps creating new solutions of building specialized programs to protect the financial interests of its clients. As an insurance giant, the company keeps a big volume of important and confidential personal data. To be compliant with the government regulations and ISO 27001 standards, while at the same time the legacy storage AMS 200 was no longer meeting the demands due to insufficient speed and capacity. After looking into multiple possible solutions including big brands like EMC, the IT team chose AegisSAN LX F630Q the 16G FC SAN to achieve simplified infrastructure and consolidation.
"We’re attracted by the fcQiSOE technology and 16G FC interface of AegisSAN LX F630Q. It does provide a perfect balance among cost, reliability, functionality, support and manageability, and we can choose the disks to the solution on our own," said Bogdan Chechlowski, the office manager of computer science in EIB. "This new solution has contributed to a great increase in the efficiency to our infrastructure and now the access speed to the data is blistering . The time to backup data is reduced and the traffic to servers is accelerated greatly. In addition, the tools to verify the drives before adding them to the RAID, the ability to update the software during normal operation, the 16G FC interface - all these relieve IT administrators from spending too much time managing systems. Furthermore, the comprehensive data protection features of the disk array also allow us a peaceful mind."
"We have Hyper-V virtualized platform on the working systems such as Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012. Our main application is the Lotus Domino with implemented CRM system. The AegisSAN LX F630Q system supports comprehensive virtualization technologies and it works very well in the highly virtualized environments," add Bogdan Chechlowski.
"AegisSAN LX F630Q delivers rich feature sets to enterprises that require performance most. The 16G FC doubles the bandwidth of the array from 8G FC models to unleash the potential of a multi-core CPU and SSD-driven applications," said Bartek Mytnik, EMEA sales manager at Qsan. "The scalability supporting up to 256 hard drives ensures that users of big implements like EIB can seamlessly add drives as their storage requirements grow. We are very delighted AegisSAN LX F630Q helps EIB to refresh storage systems and increase working efficiency."
AegisSAN LX F630Q model with fcQiSOE (Qsan FC hardware offload engine) technology is performance-boosted by the latest 16G Fibre Channel technology to offer outstanding IOPS, three times faster than before, yet remain compatible with existing 4G and 8G FC.
The AegisSAN LX F630Q series features Intel Xeon processor, dual active controllers, fully modular components as well as state-of-the-art built-in software feature sets. Its hardware RAID and multiple paths designs plus the redundant modules offer high availability for mission-critical applications. AegisSAN LX F630Q supports both SATA and SAS drives and has 4U 24-bay, 3U 16-bay and 2U 12-Bay form factor options. The AegisSAN LX F630Q system supports comprehensive virtualization technologies including VMware VAAI, Citrix and Hyper-V. In addition, it has plenty of value add-ons such as remote replication (QReplica), writable snapshot (QSnap) and battery backup module (BBM). Business
EIB S.A. is one of the leading insurance brokers in Poland and provides specialized programs to protect the financial interests of its clients. Challenges
To protect the very important confidential customers’ records and databases is crucial to the company arising from the government regulations and ISO 27001. And the insufficient speed and capacity space in the legacy AMS 200 was also a headache to EIB. Solutions
AegisSAN LX F630Q-D424, the 4U 24Bay SAN storage systems with two 16G Fibre Channel ports and dual active controllers for high performance and high availability. Configurations
- Server: Hyper-v platform on Windows Server 2012 Core
- HBA: QLogic QLE2560 - Switch: Brokade 300
- HDD: SAS and SSD in RAID 6
- Capacity: 12TB - Virtual machine enabled. 20 VMs in server
- Applications: Notes Domino, MS Sql, BES, Sametime, etc About EIB S.A.
EIB is an insurance broker who is an expert in building and arranging specialized programs to protect the financial interests of its clients. For 20 years they have been advising the largest companies in sectors of industry, commerce and services. They protect assets worth more than PLN 100 billion and the health and lives of over 75,000 people, which makes us one of the largest partners of Polish insurance companies. About Qsan Technology
Qsan Technology is a specialist manufacturer of networked storage solutions. Its iSCSI and Fibre Channel SANs and unified storage offer outstanding performance, great reliability and a leading price-performance ratio to allow enterprises and SMBs worldwide to enhance IT infrastructure efficiency. Qsan Technology storage systems are now shipped to over 30 countries across Europe, US and APAC. For more information, please visit www.qsan.com