Taipei, Taiwan, 26 June 2014
- Qsan Technology Inc, an expert of iSCSI SAN RAID systems and controllers for enterprises and SMBs, today announced the launch of the AegisSAN V100 product family, a SAN series designed to meet the storage needs of surveillance applications and delivering a highly attractive price/performance ratio. Each AegisSAN V100 system supports up to 200 full HD IP cameras and offers easy-to-use tools to allow administrators to centrally manage all their storage systems. The AegisSAN V100 array provides great scalability, supporting up to 192 drives, while enterprise-grade performance enables the system to handle the demanding surveillance workload exceptionally, with throughput of up to 670MBps.
"IP surveillance is undoubtedly on the rise worldwide; customers are moving away from analogue CCTV systems and are demanding better image quality, more bandwidth and systems that are easily scalable," said Daniel Lin, the sales director at Qsan. "The AegisSAN V100 series offers all this. It features hardware offload engines to handle heavy workload and offers comprehensive enterprise-grade data protection features to protect all stored data."
Owing to the digital format in which video is recorded, IP-based surveillance provides a number of advantages over that based on older CCTV technology. These advantages include:
- improved search capabilities
- higher video quality with no degradation over time
- the ability to simultaneously record live video and play back previously recorded footage
- the ability to compress video to reduce storage requirements.
The network connectivity of IP cameras enables improved remote access, ease of distribution, storage flexibility, and integration with communications systems such as email. As a result of the clear superiority of IP surveillance systems over CCTV-based solutions, the former is rapidly supplanting the latter for virtually all security applications; in the next three years, 64% of UK-based retailers plan to adopt network IP.
The available products in the AegisSAN V100 series include the AegisSAN V100-P10 with six 1GbE ports, which has has 3U 16-bay and 4U 24-bay form factor options. About Qsan Technology
Qsan Technology is a specialist manufacturer of networked storage solutions. Its iSCSI and Fibre Channel SANs and unified storage offer outstanding performance, great reliability and a leading price-performance ratio to allow enterprises and SMBs worldwide to enhance IT infrastructure efficiency. Qsan Technology storage systems are now shipped to over 30 countries across Europe, US and APAC. For more information, please visit www.qsan.com